A Cultural Arts Forum Erewash (CAFE) project,
funded by Arts Council England and Erewash Borough Council.
• Bringing local artists into the heart of Long Eaton and Ilkeston
to revitalise town centres.
• Filling empty shops with creative workshops, performances,
• Engaging local residents and visitors in creative activities.
• Identifying suitable premises
• Liaising with agents, landlords, the local authority
• Securing leases and getting the legal stuff right
• Bringing together artists, volunteers and the community
The former Burton’s shop on Bath Street Ilkeston was reopened in Summer 2012 as an Arts venue. The project launched with cakes, balloons and drums — Congratulations to CAFE steering group and rEvive project managers